It’s your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/22/23, from an easy Asian chopped salad kit stir fry to jalapeño popper chicken chili — and, so much more!
Let’s get cooking, because we have such a nice variety of meals waiting for us this week! As always: These weekly ALDI menu plans walk you through six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door. Use them to help bring your family together around home-cooked meals, and to help save time & money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
Use any meal plan as an easy starting point, too. Modify your own family’s dinners around what’s in stock (or on sale) in your area, what’s on hand in your pantry, and any special dietary needs or preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 1/22/23 – 1/28/23
Cook along with us and answer the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
Before jumping straight into this week’s menu, though, let’s talk briefly about this week’s new ALDI Finds & get a couple more updates.
Kettle Bells and Coffee Bars…
ALDI Finds for the week of 1/18/23 include the makings of a cute little coffee bar, even more Valentine’s Day treats, a nicely-priced kettle bell set, and more.
Check out this week’s picks and let me know what you want to Find!
And quickly, here’s what’s new on the Amazon front:
- Last week’s fun & weird Amazon finds include a literal dumpster fire candle, and so much more.
- This HUGE list of HUNDREDS of subscribe & save filler items is updated every Thursday.
But with no further ado, here’s your ALDI meal plan for the week of 1/22/23. *** Be sure to sign up for our weekly emails, so that you never miss a new one.
ALDI Meal Planning week of 1/22/23 – 1/28/23
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always, six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- *** Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format. ***
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan. *** The printable shopping list includes a separate section of needed basics for the week.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 1/22/23
- Skillet pork chops with apples & onions, using gala apples
- Chop up half the broccoli and stir fry it in a bit of canola oil in a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Add a little minced garlic and stir fry briefly. Add about half a cup of water to the pan, cover, and steam for another couple minutes until the broccoli is crisp tender. Stir in soy sauce, sea salt, and crushed red pepper to taste, then serve with your pork chops. (I’ll write this side dish recipe up more nicely one of these days for you, but that’s basically it!)
- Jalapeño popper chicken chili, topped with a little shredded cheddar
- Serve with sourdough toast, reserving enough bread for Friday’s grilled cheese sandwiches
- Cheesy chicken & spinach skillet
- On the side: Chop up the rest of the broccoli. Toss with olive oil, minced garlic, sea salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Sheet pan sausage, peppers, & pierogies
- Slice up the rest of the apples
- Creamy tomato hummus soup (use the rest of the chicken broth, instead of vegetable)
- Make sourdough grilled cheese sandwiches on the side, using the rest of the cheddar and mozzarella (as well as the last couple ounces of cream cheese, if desired)
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), carryout, mix it up!
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 1/21/23
*** Psst — check below this grocery list for easy one-stop Instacart shopping, as well as an easy-print version.
Dairy & refrigerated
2 packs 8 oz Happy Farms cream cheese, $3.38
Park Street Deli 10 oz red pepper hummus, $1.99
8 oz block Happy Farms mozzarella, $2.09
8 oz block Happy Farms cheddar, $2.09
2 boxes Bremer potato cheddar pierogies, $5.38
Specially Selected sourdough square, $3.69
Tuscan Garden real bacon bits, $1.69
Packet of Tuscan Garden ranch dressing mix, $.49
32 oz box Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $1.29
Can of Casa Mamita diced tomatoes with green chilies, $.89
28 oz can Happy Harvest crushed tomatoes, $1.29
2 cans Dakota’s Pride cannellini beans, $1.58
Can of Happy Harvest whole kernel corn, $.49
Parkview Polska kielbasa, $3.49
2.5 lbs bone-in assorted pork chops, $7.23
5 lb family pack boneless skinless chicken breast, $12.45
3 lbs gala apples, $1.89
16 oz green beans, $1.69
Asian chopped salad kit, $2.99
1.25 lbs broccoli crowns, $3.13
8 oz spinach, $1.79
2 packs 8 oz white mushrooms, $3.58
3 lbs yellow onions, $1.59
3 heads garlic, $1.29
8 oz jalapeños, $.79
3 pack multicolored bell peppers, $2.69
That comes to: $70.94
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less, if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local fruit market.
Shop this week’s meal plan with Instacart
Easy-peasy: *** Add this week’s grocery list to your Instacart. ***
IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE CHECKING OUT:
- You’ll need to check your pantry for staples not included in this Instacart list. *** See needed pantry staples, below.
- The list feature doesn’t allow me to add multiples of a single item or to change the weight of items. So: Before adding the list to your cart, change the following
- Change the quantity on the pierogies to two.
- Change the quantity on the cream cheese to two.
- Change the quantity on the cannellini beans to two.
- Change the weight on the assorted pork chops to 2.5 lbs and the chicken breast to 5 lbs — make a note to your shopper to get as close as possible.
- Change the quantity of mushrooms to two.
- Add anything else you need for the week to your cart, and check out!
Please use the add your list to Instacart feature at your own risk, always double checking your cart against the recipes. Also note that Instacart prices are higher than in store, so your total will be higher than shown in the above grocery list.
** Pantry staples to check for before shopping: Olive oil, canola oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, butter, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, powdered ginger, chili powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, garlic powder, thyme, basil, cayenne, cinnamon, sea salt
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format.
- If you don’t have Word, try opening in Google Docs or in Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you have on hand, and/or change regional pricing to match your own store. *** Day(s) next to each item in the printable shopping list show which nights use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete if you’re skipping a night or modifying.
Things to know about these meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use up, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 1/15-1/21 in Sunday ad markets, and 1/18-1/24 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs. Prices and produce deals *can vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 1/22/23.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close out our week with some additional resources on meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts I have for you guys?!
Lastly: Access your current regional ALDI ad here.