On our last vacation we had this great salad and I have been working on recreating it. I am sure it is not the same, but my version turned out very tasty.
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 cup tahini
- juice of a lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ground pepper
- 1 garlic glove minced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
Blend all the ingredients together. Add more water if it is too thick for your liking.
- cup of cooked brown rice or grain of your choice
- 1 sweet potato cubed and roasted (season with cinnamon and olive oil)
- sliced avocado
- chopped cucamber
- sliver almonds
- pumpkin and/or sunflower seeds
- pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
- home made or store bought hummus
Massage the kale with olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Mix the kale with 1/3 of the dressing and divide onto two dinner plates. Add all the toppings in sections and add a big spoonful of hummus in the middle. Drizzle little more dressing on top.