Homemade hummus recipes are just so good! You can start with a basic hummus made with chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil, then add in extra ingredients to maximize the flavors. Green peas are added to this classic hummus recipe, which offers an earthy taste, pretty green color, and powerful nutrition profile. You will always find a container of hummus (like this one featuring green peas) in my fridge.
What to eat with hummus?
Hummus is a go-to as a veggie dip, spread on sandwiches, tacos, and wraps, accompaniment for whole grain crackers or flatbread, topping for salads, and sauce for savory entrees, such as veggie meatballs, lentil patties, and falafels. This recipe for Hummus with Green Peas is so easy to make—just pop the ingredients into the blender or food processor and puree until velvety and smooth.
How long does hummus last?
This recipe for fresh hummus can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Is hummus gluten-free?
My recipe for hummus is indeed gluten-free!
What are the calories in hummus?
This recipe is very moderate in calories, with only 78 calories per 1/4 cup.
Enjoy this simple easy Hummus with Green Peas recipe, which offers a healthy taste, bright green color, and powerful nutrition profile.
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place drained chickpeas, peas, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, salt (optional), lemon juice, and tahini in the container of a blender or food processor.
- Start blending, while pouring the olive oil into the top, then the reserved chickpea liquid a little bit a time. Process mixture until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Add chickpea juice as needed while processing to make a smooth, thick hummus.
- Chill until serving time. Serve as desired. with whole wheat pita, fresh veggies, and sandwiches.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups of hummus (about 10 1/4-cup servings).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dip
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 184 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan hummus, green peas
For more plant-based hummus recipes, check out some of my favorites:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.