Estimated reading time: 12 minutes
The lovely people at UrthBox generously sent me one of their popular guilt-free snack boxes that I’ve been excited to review.
I’ve always believed in eating healthy snacks, especially those that are GMO-friendly and organic, when possible.
For my UrthBox review, I decided to snap photos of every product and review each in four categories.
I’ll also explain how Canadians and those living in the USA can get involved with an UrthBox monthly snack subscription box.
There are many products to discuss, so let’s get to this unboxing UrthBox review.
Plus, I have special offers at the end for those interested in trying a box.
UrthBox is all about the delicious discovery of healthy and tasty new treats.
It’s important to note the high standards the company puts on the products they review and offer in its subscription boxes.
You’re not just getting a random box of products with a fancy name; you’re getting quality and the best prices.
Every month they help their customers discover safe, healthy, and natural products from trustworthy brands that you can purchase at your local stores or online.
Each month their expert buyers select new products that undergo ingredient, source, calorie, nutrition, and manufacturing reviews.
Only the highest-scoring products pass to our members.
Snack Expectations In Each UrthBox
You’ll find exciting snacks in your UrthBox subscription each month, like a surprise.
When I opened the giant family-size Urthbox, I was amazed at the number of products.
The family-size subscription box has 21-23 snacks made by manufacturers worldwide.
Below is what you can expect to find in your subscription box.
- Sweets and Chocolates
- Beverages and Juices
- Snack Bars
- Nuts and Seeds
- New Age Beverages
- Dried Meats
- Trail Mixes
- Dried Fruits and Vegetables
Types Of UrthBox Subscriptions
What I thought was brilliant about the UrthBox subscription was the options for dietary needs.
Below you will see four different types of subscription boxes available through UrthBox.
The Classic. This is the do-it-all box with no dietary restrictions.
The Gluten-Free. This box offers the same service as The Classic but in 100% Gluten-Free.
Vegan. This box offers the same service as The Classic but is 100% Vegan—no animal products or ingredients.
The Diet. This box offers the same service as The Classic but strongly emphasizes weight loss metrics, including low-calorie counts, low carbohydrate counts, and low-fat values.
UrthBox Snacks Taste Test Review
We were given a family UrthBox to test, which has 21-23 healthy snacks.
Below are all the items in the box; however, some were doubles.
Plant First Camp Vegan Cheezy Mac
Gluten-free, organic pasta made with brown rice, corn, zucchini, carrots, and pea protein, coated in creamy cheezy sauces. Looks and cooks like regular mac ‘n’ cheese, but with a full serving of vegetable nutrients.
- Texture – Chewy, like rubbery texture that I wasn’t used to.
- Taste – It tasted best with ketchup, as the cheese didn’t offer much flavour for me.
- Appeal– Once cooked, the product looks delicious, although it smells little.
- Cost Online – $6.66/3 boxes USD
Niagara Chocolates Chocolate Bars
Almond Toffee Bars made with creamy Milk Chocolate, English Toffee Bits, and Roasted Almonds!
They are proudly handcrafted in Buffalo, NY, with non-GMO, simple ingredients and Rainforest Alliance Certified Cocoa! Comes in an 8-pack of 3oz bars.
- Texture– I loved the thick chocolate and crunchy almonds, and toffee.
- Taste– The milk fat or creamy, the milky flavour could be increased.
- Appeal– I didn’t mind the Almond Toffee Milk Chocolate Bar.
- Cost Online- 8 bars USD 24.99
HIPPEAS Organic Chickpea Puffs
- USDA Organic
- Certified Gluten-Free
- No Nuts
- No Soy
- Texture– Airy, crispy, and melt in your mouth.
- Taste– We both loved these chickpea puffs with hints of cheese and chickpea.
- Appeal– I’d repurchase these.
- Cost Online– 12pack/$24.99 USD
Spudsy Sweet Potato Puffs
These light and crunchy plant-based puffs are allergen-free, gluten-free, NON-GMO, and taste out of this world!
SPUDSY was born from our love and passion for Sweet Potatoes, a mainstream and magnificent superfood we all know and have long enjoyed, packed with vitamins and minerals that provide many essential health benefits.
SPUDSY Sweet Potato Puffs are a guilt-free, plant-based, tasty snack that will make your day more super.
- Texture– Crispy, crunchy, and felt like a normal cheezie.
- Taste– We both enjoyed this product’s sweet potato and cheese flavours.
- Appeal– I would repurchase this product.
- Cost Online- $5.99 per bag CAD at London Drugs or Online Canada vegan supply stores.
Craize Sweet Corn Roasted Snack Crackers
CRISPS GONE WILD. These super versatile sweet corn crisps are great for popping, topping, dipping, and dunking. Craize by the handful, right from the bag.
Or try Sweet Corn Craize with cheese, salsa, avocado dip, and hummus; you name it.
The lightly toasted sweet flavor rocks on a charcuterie board or a taco spread.
Crumble them up and use them to coat chicken or fish, or sprinkle them on vanilla ice cream for a summery sweet corn vibe.
GLUTEN-FREE, VEGAN, PLANT-BASED, DAIRY-FREE, EGG-FREE, NON-GMO, AND KOSHER. MINORITY OWNED. MADE IN THE USA.
- Texture– Very crunchy with tiny ridges on each crisp, perfect for dipping.
- Taste– Hints of savory and sweetness that paired together nicely.
- Appeal– One of our favourite products in this subscription box.
- Cost Online- USD 4.99/bag
Koochikoo No Sugar Lollipops
The bag of lollipops comes in four flavours, pineapple-orange, blueberry-lemon, pomegranate-blueberry, and fuji-apple.
All natural flavours and colours, gluten-free, organic, and sugar-free.
- Texture– Perfectly round and flat surface made for easy licking.
- Taste– We didn’t dislike any flavour.
- Appeal– The lollipops made the top 3 list of products in this subscription box.
- Cost Online- $12.99 CAD/ Amazon Canada.
Cocomels Coconut Milk Caramels
Original: Smooth, creamy coconut milk makes the Cocomel like no other caramel—a mouthwatering, artisanal treat with a delicious and unique flavor.
- Texture– Creamy, milky, melt in your mouth.
- Taste– You can taste the coconut milk and its sweetness with hints of espresso.
- Appeal- This was Mrs. CBB’s favourite product in the subscription box.
- Cost Online- $25.99 CAD/ Amazon Canada
Sierra Trail Bites
- Texture– Soft, chewy, and full of nuts and fruits.
- Taste-Mrs. CBB says it tastes like a fresh Eatmore Bar. I thought it was more like a date square filled with nuts.
- Appeal– This was my favourite product in the subscription box, and we received three bags. Ha!
- Cost Online- I couldn’t locate a price
Amiki Sesame Thins
MILD, SWEET, NUTTY FLAVOR: If you know, you know! If not, you’re in for a delicious surprise! Four crispy, crunchy flats in each individually wrapped snack.
A satisfying and smart treat like no other.
Sesame is a long-forgotten super seed, a great source of Omega-6, fiber, calcium, and protein.
Best of all, they are gluten-free and suitable for a vegan or vegetarian diet!
Amki Sesame Thins single-serve packets are perfect for slipping into a lunch box, pocketbook, or gym bag for a healthier snack wherever your day takes you.
- Texture– Thin and Crunchy with grooves.
- Taste– Honey, sweet like butter.
- Appeal– We would repurchase this product.
- Cost Online– $16.99 USD/24 pack
It’s just black cold-brew coffee. If you’re looking for a caffeine kick with no B.S., you’ve come to the right place.
You get a full-bodied flavor with freshly roasted arabica coffee beans without the bitter aftertaste.
- Texture– Very smooth.
- Taste– Not bitter, but you could tell it was black coffee with zero sugar added.
- Appeal– We didn’t mind it as a convenience product to make iced coffee but likely wouldn’t buy it.
- Cost Online- $36 USD/ case of 12
Baja Dried Mangos
USDA Organic Dried Mango No Sugar Added, Naturally Sweet, Vegan, Gluten Free, Healthy Non-GMO Snack, Organic Dried Mango Unsweetened and Unsulfured
- Texture– Fresh, chewy, and easy to bite with tiny ridges.
- Taste– Mango as described with a sweetness I wasn’t used to.
- Appeal– We both love dried mango, but probably the kind with sugar. We gifted two bags to our vegan friend, who said she loved them.
- Cost Online- $72 USD/ 15 pack
UrthBox Subscription Boxes And Costs
- Organic and GMO-Free Full-Size Snacks
- Perfect snacks for staff, family, or yourself
- Various snacks are sent monthly.
- Ships to the USA and Canada (small $7 shipping fee)
- Website pricing is in US dollars.
Ordering an UrthBox subscription is fairly easy and completed in one easy step.
- Choose a plan and subscription size from the available options.
- UrthBox sends you up to 30 delicious snacks monthly based on what subscription you choose.
- Earn loyalty points with each order to be redeemed at the Urthbox shop. Savings!
Pick A Personal, Plus, Family, or Team UrthBox
The bigger the subscription that you purchase, the more the discount becomes.
Gift An UrthBox Subscription
Below is the current pricing if you wish to gift an UrthBox to a friend, company, or loved one.
Each price is in US dollars and does not include the shipping costs.
*Prices are subject to change based on when you read this blog post.
Personal Snack Box
- 3 Months Subscription (7-8 monthly goodies) $83.97
- 6 Months Subscription (14-16 monthly goodies) $155.94
- 12 Months Subscription (21-23 monthly goodies) $299.98
Plus Snack Box
- 3 Months Subscription (7-8 monthly goodies) $113.97
- 6 Months Subscription (14-16 monthly goodies) $215.94
- 12 Months Subscription (21-23 monthly goodies) $419.88
Family Snack Box
- 3 Months Subscription (7-8 monthly goodies) $143.97
- 6 Months Subscription (14-16 monthly goodies) $275.94
- 12 Months Subscription (21-23 monthly goodies) $539.88
Overall UrthBox Thoughts
For the most part, I was excited when I opened the box because I didn’t know what to expect.
Imagine opening a gift at Christmas as an adult to find a box of goodies to eat and no socks.
Although I wasn’t a fan of every product in the box, we donated only one product, the mangos, to our vegan friend.
We still have one can of the cold brew in the refrigerator until we use it to make an iced coffee.
Pros of UrthBox
- Non-GMO, Organic and Natural, Gluten-Free, Keto, Vegan options
- Value-cost is excellent compared to purchasing each product separately.
- Subscribers always get something new in their monthly box.
- Additionally, the shipment is sent each month simultaneously.
- You don’t have to leave home to spend time and gas to buy healthy snacks.
- Discount codes and Loyalty points are always a bonus.
- Healthy options replace unhealthy snacks for children and adults.
- Convenient to pack in lunches, work, travelling, or while on the go.
- Offers corporate packages for employers.
Cons of UrthBox
- The pricing on the website is in American dollars and not USD and CAD.
- However, there is a small $7 fee to ship to Canada compared to free shipping to the US. But that’s reasonable compared to some shipping costs.
- Luckily, there is usually a discount code for customers to offset the shipping cost. Check monthly to see if there is a new code on the UrthBox website.
- Unable to mix and match products from subscription categories.
If you want to try full products, test a box to see if UrthBox is worth your taste, health, and wallet.
You can cancel anytime if you no longer wish to receive an UrthBox subscription.
Below are current promos to use with your subscription order.
20% Spring Promo Code use promo code Spring20Enjoy $10 Off a Tasty Snack Box From UrthBox! Buy a SNACK BOX Get a SNACK BOX FREE!
Thanks to UrthBox for sending me a family box to test and share with my subscribers.
Thanks for reading,
Other CBB Blog Posts
- British Sausage Rolls
- Our Family Frugal Easter Traditions
- Should You Bring A Gift To New Neighbours?
- Moist Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Easy Apple Turnovers
Subscribe To Canadian Budget Binder
Get CBB By Email + My Free Printable Budget Binder!
You’re Almost There!
I’m so excited to have you here but there’s one more easy step in the email verification process.
Final CBB Subscription Verification Step 2:
Go to your email inbox (check your Spam folder if you don’t see an email from me)
Please confirm your subscription to Canadian Budget Binder.
Once you read the email, scroll to the bottom, and click on the red box, “Yes, subscribe me to the Canadian Budget Binder List!”
That’s It, You’ve Done It, You’re In!
I can’t wait to see you on the other side friend.
Let us be part of your debt-freedom journey.
The post UrthBox Review: Guilt-Free Snacks Taste Test appeared first on Canadian Budget Binder.