Rise and shine! This easy, savory Zesty Tomato Smoothie is like a healthy, nutrient-rich vegan smoothie recipe to wake you up in the morning. With flavors reminiscent of an alcohol-free Bloody Mary, this tomato smoothie recipe shines with bright flavors and powerful nutrition. Rich in lycopene—thanks to a whole can of tomatoes in the recipe—this vegan gluten-free Zesty Tomato Smoothie is a great snack, post-exercise drink, and light breakfast. With a touch of almonds, green onions, jalapeño, lime, and herbs, this yummy tomato smoothie pops with color and flavor. Whiz up a whole batch for meal prep—pouring them in mason jars with lids—for a week of healthy eating.
This easy healthy vegan Zesty Tomato Smoothie is packed with bright flavors and powerful nutrition.
- 1/3 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- ½ cup plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened (i.e., soymilk)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ jalapeno
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ice cubes
Sea Salt Paprika Rim (optional):
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 lemon or lime
- Place almonds in a dish, cover with boiling water, and soak for about 15 minutes, until softened. Drain water.
- While almonds are soaking, place tomatoes with juice, plant-based milk, green onions, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, black pepper, and ice cubes in a blender container.
- Place the soaked, drained almonds to the blender, and process until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- If desired, make a sea salt paprika rim for two smoothie glasses by mixing the paprika and sea salt in a small saucer. Rub a half lemon or lime against the rim of the glass. Dip the glass in the saucer with the sea salt paprika mixture to create a crust.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into 2 glasses (about 1 1/2 cups smoothie per glass). Enjoy immediately, or refrigerate in air-tight containers to enjoy later.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 58 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 9 g
Keywords: healthy smoothie, vegan smoothie, tomato smoothie
I love my Nutribullet for creating so many plant-powered foods, from smoothies to cashew cream and hummus! Get 15% off your order for Nutribullet products by clicking here.
For other plant-powered smoothies, try these recipes:
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.