These crisps can be enjoyed with anything – be it hummus, salsa, sour cream or even vegan yogurt! Oh, and even as they are! I got an air-fryer in March, and it’s been a blessing. And once I began to share my air-fryer recipes online, I know 7 people in my close family/friend circle who’ve bought it too 😂😂. This recipe is super easy – literally someone like my dad who doesn’t enter the kitchen can whip these up!
- 2 No.s Grocery bought Arabic bread (I used Modern Bakery’s- check the ingredients though because sometimes some brands’ contain milk)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 3 TBSP Zaàtar (readily available in stores)
- 1/2 TSP Chili powder
- 1/2 TSP Cumin powder
- 1/4 TSP ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat Air-fryer at 160C
- Halve the bread around the centre “seam”.
- Using a scissor, cut the bread into small bits averaging around 1”-1.5”. (I usually get very impatient at this step so mine are not very equally-sized😅)
- In a big mixing bowl, add the olive oil, zaàtar and spices and mix them.
- Once mixture is prepared, add in the cut bread and toss.
- Remove the air-fryer basket and add the coated bread pieces.
- Let it “fry” for 10 mins. Midway, toss the bread pieces in the basket so that all are evenly cooked.
- Pre-heating the air-fryer helps in reducing overall cooking time (they work just like ovens in that aspect)
- Also, air-fryer powers differ from one model to another so adjust accordingly.