Welcome to your free ALDI meal plan for the week of 6/4/23! This week we’re cooking up everything from overstuffed spinach mushroom calzones to sheet pan balsamic chicken drumsticks with carrots & asparagus — plus, so much more.
Welcome back to our latest (and totally free to you) ALDI meal plan! Here’s what you get:
- All of the easy recipes you need for the week,
- A printable, editable shopping list to take to the store,
- An easy add-to-Instacart list (if you prefer pickup or delivery), and
- Six nights of great homemade dinners for your family!
Our affordable ALDI meal plans always feature six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door. Bring your family together around the table every night — and, of course, save time & money in the process.
- Be sure to sign up to receive a weekly email alert about each new plan.
You can also use any of these meal plans as an easy starting point. Modify your own family’s menu around what’s in stock (or on sale) in your area, what’s on hand in your pantry, and/or special dietary needs and preferences.
Free ALDI meal plan week of 6/4/23 – 6/10/23
Come and cook along with us for the answer to the never-ending question: What’s for dinner?
Before jumping straight into this week’s menu, though, let’s talk briefly about new ALDI Finds & updates.
Breakfast pizza + women’s swimwear
ALDI Finds for the week of 5/31/23 include berry flavored everything, biscuit crust breakfast pizza, women’s swimwear, and more.
Check out this week’s picks (and more pix!), and let me know what you want to Find. Then, you can extend your savings just a little further on Amazon, because:
- This huge list of HUNDREDS of subscribe & save filler items is updated every Thursday.
But with no further ado, here’s your easy ALDI meal plan for the week of 6/4/23. *** Be sure to sign up for our weekly emails, so that you never miss a new meal plan post!
ALDI Meal Planning week of 6/4/23 – 6/10/23
Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday. As always: Six complete dinners for four, $70 out the door.
- *** Print your meal plan summary + grocery shopping list below this week’s detailed plan, in Word, .rtf, or PDF format. ***
- I’m assuming that you have on hand some pantry basics like cooking oil, condiments, and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop, to make sure that you have the necessary pantry staples on hand for this week’s ALDI menu plan. *** The printable shopping list includes a separate section of needed basics for the week.
Six easy dinners from ALDI for $70
ALDI Meal Plan — start cooking 6/4/23
- Sheet pan balsamic chicken drumsticks with carrots & asparagus
- Cut up the mangoes on the side
- Overstuffed spinach mushroom calzones
- Cut up a couple of carrots and both cucumbers; serve with hummus on the side
- Skillet chicken drumsticks with corn, zucchini, & tomatoes (use all four of the smaller packaged corn)
- Smothered skillet pork chops (use Tuscan Garden dressing)
- Sauteed everything bagel zucchini with Parmesan
- Olive Garden dressing sheet pan chicken dinner (use Tuscan Garden dressing)
- Carrots need butter & thyme (cut up the rest of the carrots instead of using baby carrots, roast at 425 on a second sheet pan along with the chicken dinner, and reduce the cooking time a bit)
- Easy cheesy vegetarian pasta skillet
- Side salad with artichoke marinade salad dressing, topped with chopped artichokes, chopped avocado, thinly sliced onion, and shredded mozzarella
- Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells nice big take-and-bake deli pizzas), carryout, mix it up!
ALDI Shopping List — Shop through 6/3/23
*** Check below this grocery list for Easy One-Stop Instacart Shopping, as well as an editable easy-print version
Dairy & refrigerated
15 oz Emporium Selection whole milk ricotta, $2.49
5 oz Emporium Selection shredded Parmesan, $2.49
16 oz Happy Farms shredded mozzarella, $3.99
Mama Cozzi’s pizza dough, $1.29
Park Street Deli olive tapenade hummus, $1.99
12 oz jar Tuscan Garden marinated artichoke hearts, $2.69
Tuscan Garden restaurant style Italian dressing, $1.99
Reggano marinara sauce, $1.49
Priano marinara sauce, $2.19
12 oz Reggano farfalle, $.95
8 oz Stonemill minced garlic in water, $2.29
4.75 lbs chicken drumsticks, $4.70
1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $5.69
1.25 lbs boneless center cut pork chops, $4.99
4 ct corn on the cob container, $3.29
2 mangoes, $1.38
2 packs 8 oz white sliced mushrooms, $1.98
8 oz white mushrooms, $1.69
2 lbs carrots, $1.89
2 packs 8 oz spinach, $2.98
2 seedless cucumbers, $1.78
16 oz asparagus, $2.49
16 oz green beans, $1.79
Bag of garden salad, $1.79
3 lbs yellow onions, $2.29
2 lbs zucchini, $2.58
10 oz grape tomatoes, $1.99
3 pack multi-colored bell peppers, $2.69
1 avocado, $.59
That comes to: $70.43
Or, maybe less…! These meals can run even less, if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with: Clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you have on hand, and/or sale produce from a local fruit market.
Shop this week’s meal plan with Instacart
Easy-peasy: *** Add this week’s grocery list to your Instacart. ***
IMPORTANT! READ BEFORE CHECKING OUT:
- You’ll need to check your pantry for staples not included in this Instacart list. *** See needed pantry staples, below.
- The list feature doesn’t allow me to add multiples of a single item or to change the weight of items, and the meat special buys don’t usually show up. So: Before adding the list to your cart, change these quantities and make the following notes.
- Change the mangoes quantity to two
- Change the sliced mushrooms quantity to two
- Change the spinach quantity to two
- Change the cucumbers quantity to two
Notes for your shopper:
- Make a note to add a 4.75 lb pack of the sale chicken drumsticks (in most ads this week); as usual the meat special buys are not showing up
- Make a note that you want 2 lbs of zucchini
- Make a note that you want about a 1.5 lb pack of the chicken breast, and
- Make a note that you want about a 1.25 lb pack of the pork chops
Please use the add your list to Instacart feature at your own risk. Always double check your cart against the grocery list above, and see notes. Instacart prices are higher than in store, so your total will be higher than shown in the above grocery list.
** Pantry staples to check for before shopping: Olive oil, flour, butter, balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, seasoned salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, thyme, everything bagel seasoning, crushed red pepper, sea salt, salt
Printable ALDI meal plan & grocery list
Print this week’s meal plan:
- *** Download this week’s printable ALDI shopping list and meal plan in Word format, or:
- If you don’t have Word, open the shopping list in Google Docs or Wordpad.
Edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you have on hand, and/or change regional pricing to match your store. *** Day(s) next to each item in the printable shopping list show which nights use each ingredient, so that you can easily see what to delete if you’re skipping a night or modifying.
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use up, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences. Or, just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning! See: Pantry staples to stock up on and how to modify a meal plan for your family.
** ad markets & dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 5/28-6/3 in Sunday ad markets, and 5/31-6/6 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices are from my local store in the Chicago suburbs. Prices and produce deals *can vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 6/4/23.
Stay in the meal planning loop
More ways to stay connected:
- *** Subscribe here to receive weekly email messages about new ALDI meal plans.
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** Note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- Come over and join us on Facebook in the Almost All ALDI group.
Happy ALDI shopping & cooking this week! If you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well?
Resources for meal planning & ALDI shopping
Let’s close out our week with some additional resources on meal planning & ALDI shopping:
- How to cook around grocery shortages
- Master list of meal planning resources
- Get cash back for ALDI shopping, with cash back offers on the Ibotta app and through the Fetch Rewards app.
- Pick up a pack of meal prep containers, & pack up any dinner leftovers for easy weekday lunches. Also useful: Two pack insulated grab bag totes, or two pack clip to cart bags.
- Check out these cute & handy ALDI quarter keepers.
- How fun are these ALDI themed t-shirts?!
Lastly: Access your latest regional ALDI ad here.