Chicken & Rice
Better than on the NYC streets!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, (optional)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Allow minimum 2 hours – 3 days to marinate.
- Place the chicken in a large Ziplock bag or baking dish.
- Add the olive oil, honey , lemon juice, garlic to a bowl and combine. Coat chicken with liquids.
- Combine cumin, smoked paprika, cinnamon, ginger, oregano, turmeric, cayenne, kosher salt, & ground black pepper in a small bowl.
- Coat chicken in spices and let marinate.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 mins.
- Flip, continue to bake for 20 mins.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tspcumin powder
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice (I used long grain), soaked for 20 minutes then rinsed until water runs clear
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock or 1 tsp. bouillion dissolved in 2.5 cups hot water
- salt and pepper to taste (I didn’t add any and it was perfect!)
- 10 olives
- Add the butter to a large saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the turmeric and cumin, and stir for 1 minutes or until spices are fragrant.
- Add the basmati rice, and toast the rice by stirring around in the pan for 4 minutes.
- If using, add rice to rice cooker. Otherwise, Add the chicken stock, plus a pinch of salt and pepper to season. Stir and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- After rice cooking time, once all the water has been absorbed, remove pan from the heat and set aside for 15 minutes without disturbing. After 15 minutes, fluff gently with a fork.
- ½ cup full-fat sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp EACH: water, lemon juice AND sugar
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients and stir!